Link-building Strategies and Why They Matter
The thought process behind link building is simple. Place and/or earn more links pointing to your website so that your domain and page authority grow. This will help you rank higher in organic search results. There are dozens of ways to approach building links to your sites. We will cover some of the basic strategies in this post. It is also important to note that we are working toward gaining free backlinks. We do not participate in, nor do we recommend any of our dealers participate in paid backlinks or social media followers, as it is against Google Policy.
What is a Backlink?
A backlink is a hyperlink on the internet that points back to a page on your website. They are important because they are considered a marker of trustworthiness to the Google algorithm. If other sites are linking back to yours, you must have relevant, high-quality content, or the author would not add the link.
Link Building Strategies are meant to help your dealership generate high quality links with intention and earn domain authority as well as direct traffic from the clicks on the backlink.
Link earning is a passive strategy. Link earning is designed to create situations that naturally will incentivize other people to link to your site. It’s important to mention that not all link earning strategies are the same. Everyone has their own methods of earning links. Some like to get creative with their content and make interesting articles that are sure to attract the attention of others. Others just want to pick low hanging fruits to get the site out there and get it some momentum. A lot of people tend to go with the latter because it’s more straight forward and easier. But there’s a lot of risk involved with that. If you post too much of the same stuff, you’ll lose the eyes of your readers. The key to link earning is to diversify your content.
Manual Link Building
Manual link building is more hands on. You will want to work with sites that already have a lot of other links or traffic. You will have to do your research and create content that leverages or builds off content on their site. Find the big sites in the green industry– the sites with a lot of traffic– and see if they’ll allow you to link to them.
Manual link building is not just more hands on, but also a lot more time intensive. Sites with a lot of links or content have a lot of users, and you’ll need to put in a lot of effort to get a link. Time is a valuable commodity. With manual link building, you’re expending resources for every link you build. If you don’t have a lot of time, you might want to consider using a tool to help you get links more efficiently.
What is considered a High-Quality Backlink?
High-Quality links have the potential to last indefinitely, increase your rankings and will also forward traffic to your website directly. They are from high authority websites and placed in well written content.
On the other end of the spectrum, Low-Quality or spammy backlinks will most often lead to a penalty with Google or one of the other search engines, and this will set back your efforts by multiple steps.
Strategies For Earning High Quality Backlinks
- Avoid building links indiscriminately. This is more about what you shouldn’t do, rather than what you should do. Newcomers or beginners are tempted to build as many links as possible without thinking about what types of links they are building or how they build them. It is important to have a clear idea of what you are trying to accomplish before you start reaching out. It’s always better to earn a few number of extremely helpful links versus a large number of bad links that may end up hurting you in the long run. Be picky about which links you are trying to get.
- Embed your own links in good content. Good links exist in good content. You will want to focus on obtaining links from quality sites, embedded in quality content. The link should have the appropriate anchor text and point to a relevant page to the content topic and the referring domain.
- Favor New Domains Over Already Linked Domains. Links pass authority from one site to another, but the authority diminishes the more links to the same site and page. As a general rule, getting a new link is better than getting a second link from the same site.
- Link to Your Highest Quality Pages. You want your backlinks to link to well optimized, well written content. Make sure that you spend time on the page that will get the link as well.
- Make Sure Your Link Adds Value for Readers. The whole point of a link is to add value, clarity or more information about the current topic. The reader should have a better understanding of your concept by following the link.
- Make Sure Your Content Is Relevant. If you aren’t providing high quality content that is interesting to your target audience, you are doing yourself a severe disservice. Try not to be business centered in your content, be customer centered. There are many resources out there to help you define your target market, if you don’t already know it.
Track Your Progress
Link Building takes time. You will want to track who you have reached out to, when and any notes about contact with the potential link so that you don’t waste time asking for links you already have, and don’t lose sight of the fruits of your labor. Be patient and consistent with your effort and you will earn the backlinks.
Link Building Matters
Link building is an essential part of a successful SEO strategy. By building quality links, you can tell Google what your website is about. This can help increase your rankings on search engines and make your website more visible to potential customers. If you need help with your link building strategy, please feel free to contact us. We offer comprehensive link building services to fit your dealership’s needs.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to keep up with all the latest news!